Saturday 4 April 2009

Sat 4th 11:30 AM




I'm glad big Ron was with us at this one, he kep't turning round and grinning at me and saying " why ain't no one invading my side?"



We got up at 08:00, it had snowed in the night and there was snow everywhere. Pete and I got a shuttle bus 1.5 hours to Reno airport and then flew to LA on a little prop plane, what a result getting the little plane, it flew low across the mountains, the views were incredible, on arrival at LA we hiried a car which took frikkin' ages to do and then drove 1.5 hours to Palmdale.
The palmdale venue was in effect a 500 capacity youth club, with a bloody great (and really good) PA system installed.
Pete and I sat around with not too much to do till the tour bus and trailer turned up, we then loaded in and sound checked. After 4 support bands it was 23:00 and time for the Adicts.
This was the wildest gig yet, they were literally swinging off the chandeliers, I thought some was gonna get hurt/electrocuted. Security battled continuously aroung monkey but it was OK, the kids were great really.
The stage setup was good, nice powerfull sidefills and I could here everything better than usual, Pete is using a Bognor amp and cab at the moment it's awesome as it must be said is Pete's guitaring! The whole band played great I thought, I guess they feed of the audiences and play better, I can understand that. The place was rammed and the toilets provided were nothing like sufficient, when we were breaking down at the end of the night we could here the venue staff trying to clean them, they were laughing and running out gagging, "Oh, no, I don't beleive it! I heard one of them say. None of this bothered us of course, we already had our own toilet in a local hedge!
We left the venue and drove into the night, most of us cat napping, dunno what time we eventually stopped at 04:20 and checked into a days inn. I have just got up it's Midday, we have a couple of hours left to drive to Vegas and tonight we are staying in the hard rock hotel, so should be a great day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment