Tuesday 9 November 2010

Japan here we come!

Thought I would complete the blog for this tour as I haven't done it for the last couple.
I am currently sat at home, been to the Anchor for a goodbye meal with Pol and a goodbye to decent ale for the next week probaly!
Just completed the online check in for Kid, Hog, Scruff n me, might save a little time at the aiport tomorrow. Sid the manager (Taxi)is coming at 04:30 and it's currently 11PM. I just cracked a nice cool tin of Adnams open, wonder what the Jap beer will be like, I know Sappora which i guess would be drinkable if cold. There is plenty more Adnams in the fridge so am pondering wether to just sit here till Sid turns up. Reading through the itinery we have 3 gigs Tokyo Liquid rooms on Friday night, bottomline in Nagoya Saturday and finally shangrila in Osaka on Sunday.
I have never been to Japan and reading through this stuff is making me really look forward to it.
The gigs look easy, not much travel and fairly early shows so should be a doddle, really chuffed the band asked me to do this tour, been so busy with work this is just what I need!
As well as some local Jap bands we have the real McKenzies for support, I haven't seen them but have listened to them on many occasions so looking forward to that!
Well it's only 11:15 so might as well get another beer in.
Looks like we (Kid Hog Scruff and I) arrive at the hotel in Tokyo at 10:00 am on Thursday then have the rest of the day off, Monk, Pete and Shahen get in at about 19:00. Reckon we gonna have a great evening, really looking forward to seeing everyone again. Should be some funny drunken stories to come from that one ha ha.
Looking at the flights it's a little under 2 hours to Frankfurt then we change planes and just over an hour later we will be on our way to Tokyo which is exactly 11hours all being well!
When I did the online check in we all got seats together so I guess the day will go something like this.
arrive at aiport, check in, go to bar, nearly miss flight due to being in bar too long, get on plane, further drinking, sleep, arrive hotel, go to bars for rest of day. See I can predict the future, the above will be spot on accurate!
Well that's all I can think of for now, wonder if there's anything other than shit on the Tele.
Stay tuned to Daves Bastards Adicts blog, we gonna have some fun! x

No comments:

Post a Comment