Tuesday 18 August 2009

Saturday 8th August Rebellion Blackpool UK


Pete bumped into a bunch of Maryln's and guest listed them as Maryln Monroe x 20


Along the sea front


Pete doing a 'Michael Jackson' with his guitar



Sat morning and the girls wanted to go shopping and I was still tired from my late night so they left me sleeping, I finally woke up to a beautiful Lancashire day and looked out of my window to a stunning view across the sea. The sun was shining, it’s gonna be a great day.
I had brought an amp with me for Pete so I headed off to the bands hotel with the idea of putting it in the van so I didn’t have to drive to the gig later. Hoggy came out and we chatted outside until we suddenly heard some one shout “restring my f*!king guitar” we looked up to see Pete hanging out of his bedroom window swinging his Schecter signature guitar, t’was just like Jacko’s baby all over again except it was Pete with his baby! Passerbys looked up in bewilderment.
Mel and Scruff bumped into Ade Edmunson who was staying in the hotel, his band having performed on the Friday night. They stalked Ade around Blackpool for the rest of the day.
Mel appeared and we got the amp into the van and I headed off to meet the girls.
We then had a lovely breakfast and then spent the day wandering around. We went for a meal at Wetherspoons in the evening.
At about 21:00 Pol and Harry went back to the hotel and Charlotte and I went to the venue, we found the dressing room and set about restringing the guitars.
Charotte and I then went and caught some of the Subs we looked down from the balcony, the venue looked about 95% full and the subs were on great form, mr Harper is a legend, my band (Suspect Device) have supported the subs a couple of times and Charlie is always lovely, no bullshit as with some ‘famous’ people.
We then moved all the Adicts gear backstage ready.
I had wondered with it being so late wether some people would bugger off but no, the venue was rammed.
The band played a great set, it was great so have Mel back (although it has to be said that Shawhen has been doing an awesome job) Mel seemed to be loving it after his break.
Charlotte and I finally got back to the hotel at 04:00 knackered!

No comments:

Post a Comment