Monday 11 May 2009

Hoggy's Blog Entry ref Spain Friday 8th May



I missed the first gig (Barcelona) so Hoggy has made the entry below, which covers the period prior to ua all metting up in Serbia.

Hoggy Bastard Roadie report on first gig (Spain, Terrazza)

Taxi picked us up in Ipswich at 06:00 and me, Kid and Scruff headed off to Stansted. Good flight.
No problems at Barcelona airport, met Monkey & Dan who flew in from LA and Shahen who came in from Italy. But worryingly no sign of Pete!
David the promoter picked us up and we headed off to the gig about 1 hour drive from Barcelona.
Our left winger (Pete) decided to show up looking like shit.
Great venue, gig went good, it was hard not having bastard Dave and bastard Mutti there, I was sole roadie.
Lucky for me we got a guitar tech. (George) who did a great job with Pete as Pete wasn’t too good.
The band rocked hard, was hotter than hell on stage, crowd loved it.
Brian Clough would have been proud of the lads! As we kep’t the ball on the floor and Shahen’s dribbling was superb. Kid kep’t a clean sheet in goal and the crowd enjoyed themselves when Pete mentioned the Chelsea/Barcelona result. They all sang Barca favorite (Alcohol) together. It was special moment as the band stood there whilst the audience sang to them.

The hotel was top notch, best shower ever. Was a real shame there was no time to sleep, we had to leave for the aiport at 03:45 AM so had no sympathy for bastard Dave who whined about being up at 04:00.
We left Barcelona as Zombies, we were walking dead.
Arrived in Rome 2 hours later and got our connection to Belgrade, got off plane and going through customs I got asked to take my hat off so naturally I obliged, Unfortunately I then stuck my tongue out at the immigration officer and the humourless bastard started shouting at me in foreign, the only words I recognised was police and jail. What a jobsworth twat.
Got all luggage except for my fuckin’ case, it was lost!
No sleep, no clothes, I didn’t smell too good.
Met Bastard Dave when he turned up a little later.
Bastard Mutti turned up with the highway tiger and we all headed off to the hotel.


Our fantastic Spanish fans can really sing


Barcelona fans seemed pleased with the chelsea result and sang us a song!

No comments:

Post a Comment