Wednesday 27 May 2009

Thur 21st Bologna Italy Estragon


Longest tunnel i've ever been through!


Pete 'found' a motorcyle.




My fan invention!



All day drive to Bologna, hotel for 15mins then sound check
At the venue. Very hot on the bus, 87 degrees outside!
When we got to the venue I got a chilled bottle of water and put some on my face it felt so good I poured it all down my front too, I was so hot. This seemed to amuse the others and one or two decided to pour their water over my head, I ended up soaked and a good bit cooler, Kid seemed to like the idea so I poured a bottle over his head too. Unfortunately I was dry within 10 mins. So hot here. Pete found a motorbike outside the venue and couldn’t keep off it!

It is so hot it is on the bus it killing us, crotch rot has truly set in! we have tonnes of bottles of water from last nights rider which helped. I finally got pissed of with the heat and decided to something about it! In the back of the van we got three stage fans, I got one and wedged it under the head restraints of the front seat, and connected it to the busses mains electricity, WOW, it was fantastic, now air was circulating round the van it became bearable almost pleasant, I gaffered it for security but it wasn’t needed, it stayed for the rest of the tour. The air con just wasn’t good enough.

On stage 23:05, band played well. Great reaction, Scruff got mobbed outside by a load of screaming girls, not sure why they didn’t go for me!
Back to hotel bed at 01:30, good hotel, we were taken to a restaurant where the food was close to being inedible, total shite
Wine good.
Shahen had some friends from Rome at the show so he was well chuffed, they loved the band!
Long drive tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment