Saturday 21 March 2009

1st night at the Key club, Sunset boulivard 20th mar

The pic is downtown LA from our bus on the way to the key club.
It's now 10 to 4 in the morning and we just got in, made cup of tea and some toast, how rock and roll am I? really tired so bed when I have drunk the tea. The others are having a drink out the back but I can't face it, only problem is I can't go to bed till they come in as the are right outside my room and there noisy buggers!
Had a brilliant night, all went smoothly, sold out gig as it tomorrow night. Band was great and so were the Dickies, think there gonna support in San Diego too.
Got everything done in time after Pete told me I was too slow yesterday! although the only reason I was quicker was not needing to restring any guitars. Loads of people kept getting up on stage, some girls got hold of Monkey and wouldn't let him go and near the end the same happened to Scruff, it was all harmless and if anything added to the atmosphere. Pete turned up today with a bottle of London Pride for me which I saved till after the gig, god it tasted good! The temperature on the stage was incredible, drank 2 bottles of water and two cold beers just during the Adicts set! you can only imagine what it must be like for the band who are very active during their set.

The Adicts use Schecter guitars which are fantastic. Pete the lead guitarist has just had a signature guitar produced by Schecter making him only the 3rd punk guitarist to have a signature guitar, the other two were Jonny Ramone and Joe Strummer. It's a beautiful very high spec guitar with Adicts playing cards inlaid into the frets and Monkey at the twelth fret, and Monkey on the control knobs. I have been working with these for a week they are excellent. Anyway Schecter turned up at the gig tonight and Pete and the Schecter guy presented me with one of the first produced fully flight cased, can't believe it they sell for over $1000.
And now...Competition time
Last night Hoggy, Kid, Monkey, Scruff and me went for a walk down the strip, found a nice bar and had a drink, on the way back a certain person who will remain nameless lay on the pavement outside the Viper rooms, pretended to be dead and shouted joyfully "who am I doing an impression of"
Who was the impression of?
Leave your answer as a comment, the first person to give the correct answer is a right sad case and clearly spending far to much time on the internet.

Didn't take any pictures at the gig as I couldnt be arsed, will get some of the Dickies at San Diego.

2 comments: