Tuesday 31 March 2009

How to shop without money, the Adicts method.


Monkey and errrm Monkey, but which is the real one?

Had yet another fantastic lunch (food in Brasil is the best) and then Fokker took us shopping.
we said we wanted to check out some record shops, so he took us to that district, therre were just loads of stores selling, CD's T'shirts, you know all that stuff.
The first one we came to had an Adicts T'shirt on display, see pic above, spot the fake!
Oi FOKKER! have a word with them will you, there selling counterfeit T'shirts,
The owner of the shop seemed excited to have Monkey in the shop and anxious about his dodgy goods, he asked us if we would all like a free t'shirt each, thanks very much mate, Monk and some of the other's signed Adicts stuff and we left the shop. after similar episodes in a further half dozen shops we had enough t'shirts and were getting bored so returned to the bus. I would say the Adicts are pretty big in Brasil, the amount of Adicts merch for sale compared strongly against much bigger bands.
Hoggy was asleep in the bus so missed all this, we have been having a long running disagreement over which band is most punk, the Stranglers or the Clash. Every time we see some one with a stranglers shirt or if a stranglers track is played at a venue Hoggy gets a point, I gets point's for the Clash. Anyways I thought it wrong for Hoggy to miss out on the shirts so I got him one.
He took the bag from me on the bus, "thanks a lot Dave" It was a clash t'shirt and yes it cost him a point!"
So your thinking this is childish yes? well your right but it amuses us in quieter times, some of the band are also getting caught up in the debate.
I am looking for some ammo so Rikki, Pete, Andy, Jon or whoever please post a comment saying why the clash are more punk than the stranglers, if anyone prefer's the stranglers don't bother posting, I only delete it. I am fair like that!
Oh, and Pete has the blog address and has said he is gonna link it from the Adicts site and call it Bastard Roadie Daves blog, let's see if it happens!

2 comments:

  1. I was weened on the Stranglers at school (south london) and No More Heroes is one of my top albums But.. Saw the buggers in the late 80s and they were just too wishy washy for my liking, I thought the spark had gone and I went off em.
    Clash always attacked the music at gigs (apart from the crap later line up).

    ReplyDelete
  2. No argument. Clash are, together with the Pistols one of the original punk bands. The Stranglers were a pub rock band who jumped on the bandwagon (like the Police etc). Still great though - but not as good as the Clash - I agree with you Dave. Cheers Pete

    ReplyDelete