Sunday 8 March 2009

Rock n' Roll

Well after months of planning and preparing a week on Monday (16th Mar 2009) I am finally off on tour with one of my all time favorite bands, The Adicts.
Were gonna be away for three weeks on a 15 date tour which kicks off on the 18th March in Victorville , California and after 5 dates moves to South America with dates in Venezuala, Chile, Argentina and Brazil before returning to california for dates including Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel! The tour finishes on the 5th of April in Riverside, California.
The purpose of this blog is to keep my family and friends up to date with my movements and to share this rare experience. 3 weeks is along time to be away from my lot and I have to admit I would have preffered the tour to be shorter!
My wonderful Charlie set this blog up for me and has shown me how to operate it, she tells me a blog is an online diary, well I am ok with PC's but I struggle to keep up with technology, I don't really listen to radio or watch TV! TV pah! outlaw it and ban it! sorry Pol! I digress.

I first saw the Adicts way back about '78, it was at Kesgrave youth club supported by The Degraders from Woodbridge, it was apparent even back then that this was no ordinary band! The band enjoyed several indie chart hits and although never being big in the UK enjoyed significant success in the US. with two band members marrying American girls and relocating to LA.
I became reaquainted with the band in 2007 when they rehearsed in my studio's and I arranged a gig for them, their first in Ipswich for 15 years, it was a special night not least as my band Suspect Device supported them along with the excellent Red Flag 77.
This led to the band asking me to be tour manager/gofer for this particular tour.

So in a weeks time were off, I have mixed feelings, gonna miss the family but i'll have my netbook and MSN so should be able to maintain daily contact. On the other hand should be an adventure that i'll remember for the rest of my life!

Check in regularly and follow the tour, gonna be posting photo's and gig review's etc and anything of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment